A student may be considered an AB 540 student, exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if they meet all of the following criteria:
Coursework and Graduation Requirements
- A total attainment of coursework credits earned equivalent to three years or more at any California high school.
- High school graduation diploma, or GED, or attainment of an associate degree or fulfillment of the minimum transfer requirements established for the California State University or the University of California.
- Total attendance of three years in a California school equivalent to three years of full time attendance at a California high school, elementary or middle school, adult school, California Community College, or in combination of these schools.
- Must register or be currently enrolled at Monterey Peninsula College.
- Must not hold a valid non-immigrant visa.
A student who feels they meet the above listed criteria must submit a completed AB540 Affidavit to the Admissions & Records office along with supporting documents. If a student is unsure which official transcripts, please contact Admissions & Records for assistance.