Students can receive a message indicating they have exhausted all repeats for a course for several reasons. A screen similar to the one shown below alerts students of a potential issue, but it doesn't specifically state what the root cause is.
Below are potential reasons for students to receive the unauthorized repeat course message.
• The student is currently registered in one section of the course and wishing to change to a different section.
- View the class schedule/fees page.
- Drop the unwanted section and complete the checkout process.
- Verify the section is no longer part of current student schedule. This is done by viewing the class/schedule fees for the appropriate semester.
- Once the unwanted section is no longer displayed on the current class/schedule fees page the new desired section can be added through the registration process.
- Complete the checkout process.
• The student at some point placed themselves on a Waitlist for the course. (Could be for a current or past semester.)
- Click on "Manage my Waitlist"
- Check each semester to see if there is an active Waitlist entry for the course.
- Click "Remove" to cancel the Waitlist request for that course and follow the on-page prompts to complete the transaction.
• It's near the end of the semester. The student wishes to retake a course for a second time because they know they are not passing the course this semester.
- Click on "View Grades" to verify the final grade for the current attempt has been posted.
- If a passing grade is listed, the system will not allow a second attempt.
- If a nonpassing grade is listed, continue with registration for a second attempt.
- Once a grade is posted, click on "Add/Drop/Register" to register in the course for the next semester.
- Complete the checkout process to secure a seat in the course.
Depending on circumstances, the student may be able to repeat the course. Please contact Admissions & Records for details.
If the above methods do not resolve the issue, please contact Admissions & Records for additional support.